Reducing the Risk
AppleSeeds & AppleKids are dedicated to providing an environment that is as safe as possible for all children who attend our programs. We use a secure check-in system for all services and events that issues guardian receipts to the adult dropping off the child.
Members of Applewood Baptist Church recognize the need to have formal, written policies and procedures to protect our children and any person working in an Applewood ministry from false accusations or suspicions.
We offer monthly Reducing the Risk classes in order to:
- Prevent the opportunity for the occurrence and/or appearance of abuse of children.
- Protect workers from false accusations and/or suspicions. Our policies and procedures are not based on a lack of trust in workers but instead are intended to protect our children, employees, volunteers and the entire church body.
All of our volunteers:
- Have been regularly attending Applewood for 6 months prior to serving in our children's areas
- Are screened and submit to reference checks
- Have background checks current and repeated every two years.
- Go through our Reducing the Risk Training every two years.